These pages show transcriptions of documents in the National Archives relating to the people of Orpington, 1500-1750. They reveal a picture of Orpington which has perhaps not been seen before.
The Priory, Orpington:
- Introduction to the Priory, the Spencers and their Documents.
- 1661: The Will of Richard Spencer.
- 1675-6: The First Inventory of the Priory.
- 1675: The Second Inventory of the Priory.
- 1675: The Third Inventory of the Priory.
- 1676: The Will of Mary Spencer.
- 1597: John Staple.
- 1645: John Santie.
- 1675: Zacharias Hogsflesh.
- 1678: Elizabeth Hart.
- 1703: Mary Gee.
- 1714: Henry Sandys.
- 1719: John Perch
Mayfield Manor Records, transcribed by Geoff Copus:
- Introduction by Geoff Copus.
- 1545: Rental of the Manor of Mayfield.
- 1618-1669: Court Rolls of the Manor of Mayfield.
- 1678: Survey of the Manor of Mayfield taken by Richard Brown.
- 1675: Sandys versus Spencer.
- 1678: Bland versus Spencer.
- 1695 – 1700: Mary Gee, widow, versus John Pearch